Saturday, November 13, 2010

Shutterfly Holiday Photo Cards

Are you a fan of the photo holiday card? I sure am! From the very first year after SweetPea was born, I've been creating Photo Holiday Cards. I honestly enjoy the task of choosing the perfect photo(s) to represent the previous year and love sending off the finished product to our family and friends. I've used Shutterfly to do this twice and have been so pleased with them each time.



In 2006, I actually designed my layout in Photoshop since I was trying to combine SweetPea's birth announcement and our annual Holiday Card. But then I simply uploaded the file to Shutterfly to come up with this cute card. I was able to personalize the message inside too which was so easy! (and, yes, envelopes were included!)

2006 Holiday Card
(And, no, of course the black wasn't there on the real card!)

For 2008's card, I had to incorporate both kids. For those of you with more than one child, you know how much of a challenge it can be to get a good photo of everyone in the same pic. And let me tell you, it is really difficult when they are both under 2 years old! Since I didn't totally love the "together" pic I took, I decided to select a layout that would allow multiple photos. That way, I could use the "together" pic, but add a couple of "single" (and better) shots too. I loved the colors of this layout and also liked that it wasn't all "Christmasy" (we have friends on our card list who do not celebrate Christmas). Here is the final result:


2008 Holiday Card
Shutterfly really makes it easy to create your own photo card and has SOOOOOO many layouts to choose from. I took a "together" photograph of the girls just yesterday, but, once again, I'm not sure if it is strong enough to stand on its own. So I may have to go the collage route again. Here are a few from Shutterfly's 2010 collection {link} that have caught my eye...

Seasonal Chic 2010 (courtesy Shutterfly.com)
Starry Snowflakes (Courtesy Shutterfly.com)
Love Joy Peace (Courtesy Shutterfly.com)

We'll see what I end up with! {I have to say that I just realized that all of those are brown-based! Same as what I did a couple of years ago. Gee, I'm not usually so predictable! LOL}


Shutterfly also has lots of other options to create with your photographs - photo books, posters, calendars, mugs.... the list goes on and on. You could knock out all of your photo gifts {link} in one place!

For example, I've created a photo calendar {link} of my girls the past two years and they enjoy giving it to their grandparents for Christmas - it is always a HUGE hit! 

2009 Calendar page


2010 Calendar page
I really can't speak highly enough of Shutterfly {link}. You really should check them out for your holiday needs this year!! I can't wait to create our 2010 cards!!



Legal Stuff - I am being compensated for this blog post in that I am receiving 50 free Shutterfly holiday cards for writing it; However, my opinions are my own.


**If you are a blogger and are interested in the possibility of receiving 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly, click HERE.


Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and enjoy visiting your blogs in return!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...