Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Geezees Personalized Canvas Art

Not sure if you recall, but at the bottom of my ~Happy Anniversary~ post back in early October (seen HERE), I included a wedding photo (of sorts) and promised to tell you more about it. Well, that time has come! Here it is again...




Isn't it amazing? It was designed (for the most part) by me, but pulled together by the amazing Stephanie over at Geezees.com. Basically, she takes your favorite photos and words and combines them artistically together, prints them on canvas and then mounts it onto wood for a beautiful display piece. As she states on her website "Your Photos. Your Words, Your Art".

I learned about her site from Centsational Girl who hosted a giveaway back in May. Unfortunately, I didn't win the giveaway, but I loved the product enough to buy one on my own. And since our 5-year wedding anniversary was coming up, I had the perfect occassion for it.

First, I perused her gallery HERE and looked for a style that appealed to me. (FYI - you aren't limited to the designs in her gallery - you can do anything you want but this is a great starting point for inspiration). Once I had a general idea of what layout I wanted, I decided upon this picture from our wedding day.


For the record, I hated the bodice of my dress. Sigh. I want a do-over!

I originally thought I would incorporate the words from our wedding vows. But the more I thought about it, the more I didn't like the idea. I mean, it wasn't as if we had written them ourselves or something. They were "stock" vows that we chose out of the pastors book 'o' vows so, while they were certainly meaningful for our special day, they weren't personal, so to speak. 

So I opted for the lyrics to our wedding song instead which was "Girl" by Chris LeDoux. It is an old favorite of the Heela and he had actually arranged to have it playing in the background when he proposed to me. *awwwww*. And we used it as the song for our first dance at the reception. I found a link online where you can hear it HERE (oh and isn't that the cheesiest romance novel cover drawing ever?! *puke* LOL). Anyway, Stephanie had my proofs ready in about 10 days and after a few tweaks, I made my final decision. Here is the final proof.


Courtesy Geezees.com

Isn't it amazing???!!?!?!!! I am so pleased with how it turned out. Did you notice how in the original photo my dress was cut off on the left? She actually managed to finish it out and it looks amazing - so real. (And for the record, I hadn't even asked her to do that! She just did it herself!). I also love how she was able to black out the people in the background but left the glow of the lights (again, a liberty she took herself - love it!). It now hangs in our bedroom and I love seeing it everyday - brings back so many wonderful memories.

The view when you walk in our bedroom door.


The canvas is wrapped around a solid piece of wood - no skimping here!

I love how the photo wraps around the edge

Isn't it great? You really should check out Stephanie and her website. She has some great ideas for canvas art and does a fabulous job! I would definitely recommend her and her product!


Legal Disclaimer - I have not been compensated in any way for this review of Geezees.com. I paid for my canvas in full (no discount) and am providing my own opinions of this product and my experience with Stephanie.

 
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great in your home - thanks for the great post - you were a blast to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! What a special way to remember your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and enjoy visiting your blogs in return!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...