Friday, March 2, 2012

Rainbow Treats

Yes, another post about Boogey's RAINBOW Party (see full party details HERE). Are you sick of reading about rainbows yet?? Well, if you are... too bad. I'm not done yet! :P

:)

This time I thought I would talk about the Rainbow Treats we made.

{Fruity Pebble} Rainbow Treats


Now, I have to say I was kind of surprised at what a big hit these were. Frankly, I'm not really a fruit-flavored cereal type of gal. So, to be honest, I wasn't "blown away" by these. But apparently, I'm alone in my indifference to fruit-flavored snacks because these knocked the socks off all the guests and were devoured by the kids and adults alike! (although I did notice that it seemed like the dads consumed the majority of these treats... huh, go figure! Wives, take note! LOL)

There really isn't any rocket science behind making these. Essentially, they are just like rice krispie treats but you make them with Fruity Pebbles instead. Here is the recipe I followed (from the fruity pebbles website and on the inside of the box):


Rainbow treat ingredients

What you need:

  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
  • 1 pkg. (10-1/2 oz.) miniature marshmallows (6 cups)
  • 1 pkg. (11 oz.) Fruity Pebbles Cereal (about 8-1/2 cups)


  • What to do:
    Microwave butter in 4-qt. microwavable bowl on HIGH 45 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 minutes or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 seconds. Add cereal; mix well. Press firmly into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch pan. Cool. Cut into squares.

    That's it! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

    These were an absolutely perfect addition to the snack table as they were so pretty and all RAINBOW-Y!


    Rainbow treats are so pretty!

    We hardly had any left at the end of the day and I froze the leftovers. Yes, did you know you can freeze these kinds of treats?? Well, you can! Read on... ;)

    I have done this before with a regular batch of rice krispie treats and they freeze fabulously! This is a great idea when you have leftover cereal or marshmallows (as is often the case in our house) but don't need a whole pan of tempting goodies sitting around for you the kids to eat. Simply whip up a batch of {your choice type of cereal} marshmallow treats. Cut into individual sized portions, then wrap in foil. I just take a large piece of foil, cut it with scissors into small squares, wrap my treats in them individually, and then store everything in a freezer bag in our deep freezer. You can take out one at a time and just leave them on the counter (or throw them into a lunchbox!) and they are defrosted in no time. I typically take a couple out of the freezer before I start making dinner and they are ready to go for dessert. The kiddos love them! I usually press some M&M's on top as they are cooling for an extra special yum-factor. ;)

    Anyway... back to my rainbow treats... definitely try these sometime as a nice variation to the "usual" rice krispie treat.


    {fruity pebble} marshmallow treats

    These would also be a fun treat for St. Patrick's Day!




    *See the rest of this RAINBOW party HERE!



    Pin It
    Pin It!

    2 comments:

    Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and enjoy visiting your blogs in return!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...