Sunday, April 10, 2011

Easter Egg Specimen Art {Shortcut Style}


OK, it's that time again....  SPECIMEN ART time!! :) Who doesn't love stylish, fast, easy and cheap? And besides, it wouldn't be me if I didn't pull out a version for Easter! ;)


I have to be honest and tell you that I had a really hard time finding "specimens" that I liked at Michaels. I can usually rely on good ole Martha Stewart to have some nice (i.e., not cheesy) holiday stickers. But Michaels had NOTHING by her! I don't know if MS just doesn't make a line of Easter decor or my Michaels just doesn't carry it, but I was bummed.  I decided to try and make these felt eggs work (even though they are really NOT my style).  They were only $1.99 for the pack of 20 eggs and I used a 40% off coupon to score them for only $1.20! 



Once again, I raided my old scrapbooking stash for some colored card stock and used the same black frame from all my other specimen art. Aaaaannnnndddd... voila!

Easter Egg Specimen Art



Here it is on the mantle. I'll admit that I don't love it, but it'll do. And, heck, for less than $1 out of pocket (I didn't use all of the stickers and had all the other supplies), not too bad.

Easter Egg Specimen Art

By the way, do you like my bunny?? I found him at the Habitat for Humanity Restore Store a few weeks ago for only $1! I don't love the mottled blue spots on him and had originally considered spraypainting him. But when you aren't right up close, you can't even notice them so I just left him "as is". Cute, huh?


(In case you are a new follower,  
Here are links to my other forrays into specimen art if you're curious:


This project was featured! Thank you!!

UndertheTableandDreaming


Featured at Truly Lovely


Linking up to the parties here:
Also joining in the CSI Project's Easter Challenge!
Visit thecsiproject.com

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. So easy and cute!
    Jennifer
    http://craftyhair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!

    I featured it on my Celebrations and Holidays blog:
    http://celebrationsandholidays.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-egg-specimen-art-by-racks-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an easy and super cute easter decoration! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it!! It makes a quick and easy last minute Easter craft! SO... We featured it today in our Fancy This Fridays Feature post! Hope you'll check it out! :)
    http://trulylovelywiththelaneysisters.blogspot.com/2011/04/fancy-this-features-20-last-minute.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and I like the bunny too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just letting you know that I featured this today on my blog
    http://passionateandcreativehomemaking.blogspot.com/2012/03/some-easter-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and enjoy visiting your blogs in return!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...